Los Cabos Consular Agency
The Los Cabos Consular Agency is located on the lower level of the Palmilla shopping center in San Jose Del Cabo. The office offers routine and emergency services for American citizens visiting or residing in Baja California Sur. The services are by appointment only. Emergency service may be obtained from the office in Tijuana.
- Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 2 pm, except U.S. and Mexican holidays.
- The Shoppes at Palmilla, in San Jose del Cabo
- U.S. Consular Agency - Los Cabos
Las Tiendas de Palmilla L-B221
Km. 27.5 Carretera Transpeninsular
San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur Mexico CP 23406
- The office is located on the lower level of the Palmilla shopping center, next to the business center.
- Consular reports of birth abroad
The Agency is unable to provide any visa-related information or services
- To request an appointment for a document service, email email@example.com and include:
- Your name
- The type of service you require
- Your preferred appointment date
It is sometimes possible make an appointment to meet with the consular agent in La Paz.
Switchboard phone number (dialing from the United States) is 011-624-143-3566.
For after-hours emergencies, call the Duty Officer at the U.S. Consulate General Tijuana.
- From the US 001 (619) 692-2154
- from Mexico (619) 692-2154
Federal Benefits Unit
The FBU at the US Consulate in Guadalajara is responsible for assisting US citizens in the state of Baja California Sur with matters involving Social Security Administration, Veterans Affairs, Railroad Retirement, and other federal benefits. For time-sensitive calls and calls involving confidential information, please use Mexican toll-free number (from a Mexican land line or Mexican cell phone): 01-800-772-6394, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 2 PM (mainland time). For general questions Email FBU.Guadalajara@ssa.gov
Smart Traveler Program
Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) for US citizens living or traveling abroad . The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. More information here Smart Traveler Program